James 1:27

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the
Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let
the world corrupt you.


Thursday, October 7, 2010

Guest Blogger- My dad! A MUST read!!


Jesus Love will save a child. Jesus love will hold a child. Jesus love will place a child into the arms of a sister overwhelmed by His Love; a Love that only He knew would be ready to someday, save and embrace an amazing life that was fearfully and wonderfully made by God, to be placed into the arms of a sister whom Jesus Love was preparing to receive. The book, "Crazy Love" just happened to be holding up the pictures of the two girls which kept falling off my book case and I used that one book to keep them standing up for my eyes to




(PS You have to click on the picture to see the whole thing)

“THERE’S A LOVE THAT WILL NOT LET ME GO” …I can face tomorrow, because He’ll hold me forever.

The little girl in Gloria's arms is Bishnu. I found Bishnu sitting on the ledge of a mud hut porch in Nepal and could see she wasn't going to live much longer. I carried her, with Bishnu’s grandmother at my side, and took her back Ruann’s and my hostel-like room where our good friend Jeevan worked as the manager.

We asked for food to be sent to our room and later Jeevan came in and was astounded to see Bishnu on Ruann’s lap and feeding Bishnu with her hand. There were no forks as the people in Nepal eat with their hand. We asked Jeevan if he would be willing to go with us to a doctor and find out why Bishnu weighed about 1/3 of what she should have weighed and why she had 'no life' to her. Usually kids in Nepal love to see a foreigner hoping maybe for a pencil and they always have a smile; always unless something is seriously wrong with their health.


The doctor said she had advanced TB and would need hospitalization for one month. Ran and I were leaving for Taiwan the next day. I gave Jeevan enough money to care for her and asked if he would be her official caretaker for the duration of Bishnu’s hospital stay? Hospitals in Nepal don't provide anything beyond the normal medical procedure and all daily needs, like eating, are left to the family.

He or one of his workers sat with Bishnu 24 hours a day for 30 days. She recovered. And Jeevan then spent the next week alone and read the entire New Testament that I had given him five years before.

When he was done reading he went to a local pastor I had introduced Jeevan too and he asked the pastor to pray with him immediately for Jesus’ love compelled him to surrender all and follow Him. Jeevan found a love that would not let him go and he then went home and made a plaque that he hung below the Hostel’s name. It read, “For me to live is Christ. To die is gain.” It is a passage from Galatians and it was hanging for all to see where just a few years before it was against the law to profess Christ and meant six years in jail.

Jeevan’s sign, if interpreted as “trying to convert a Hindu”, could earn one year in jail. Later he shared, “When I took Bishnu from Ruann’s and your arms, the love of Jesus that you had been telling me about, went through me like electricity. I knew He was real." He also told us something that we hadn't known. Nepal and India have a caste system. Jeevan was in the top caste and Bishnu was below the bottom caste and was called an “untouchable". My request was the kind that ends relationships, but he said, "You and Ruann come to my country and cared for people of my land and loved them more than I did. I couldn't tell you "no".

That story went through my mind when I looked at the two photos of “Sisters in Nepal. Gloria is soon to pick up a baby that most likely would have been aborted had it not been for this ministry that shares with women that there is a “Love” that can help you give something that doesn’t look possible.



Gloria has two young happy and highly energized sons that are 2 and 5. She just moved out of the country- some 12,000 miles away, and shed tears of joy and pain saying goodbye and following Jesus to the ends of the earth. She brought with her another kind of pain that only she could feel and put her in a wheel chair upon arriving in Taiwan, which was a result of a very traumatic brain surgery she underwent just three weeks before she boarded a 30 hour flight to the land she calls “home”. She is pregnant which in itself compounds the emotions of saying goodbye to mom and family. When you put all these amazing life changes into a young woman it is safe to say that you usually find that person responding to a need with, “My hands are full right now”.


Yet she got on a train, alone, and went to an orphanage in southern Taiwan in search of a child who soon would need the Loving Arms of Jesus; the same loving arms that hold a smiling Bishnu in the “Sisters in Nepal” picture.



I just said to myself, “I should have used another photo I have of the two sisters taken one after the other.” In this photo Brenda is holding Bishnu. But when I glance at the photos back on my book case, I am not sure why but it is the right two pictures.


Gloria passed “a miracle” into Brenda’s arms for a second photo years ago in Nepal. The story from beginning to end was: “THE AMAZING LOVE OF JESUS”.


Today, Jesus continues to amazingly and wonderfully overwhelm Jeevan just as He did through the life of a needy child, Bihsnu, many years ago. Today there are hundreds upon hundreds of lives that have been overwhelmed by Jesus Love through Jeevan. Today each of these two sisters continue to give and receive Jesus Love just as it shows in these Nepal photos taken years ago. The same Love that caused Jeevan to do something he could only exclaim rather than explain; that Jesus love was like electricity that produced an unshakeable conviction that surpasses all understanding, is going to overwhelm us all again with AMAZING LOVE passed between the same two sisters in two photos.

Jesus Love will save a child. Jesus love will hold a child. Jesus love will place a child into the arms of a sister overwhelmed by His Love; a Love that only He knew would be ready to someday, save and embrace an amazing life that was fearfully and wonderfully made by God, to be placed into the arms of a sister whom Jesus Love was preparing to receive. The book, "Crazy Love" just happened to be holding up the pictures of the two girls which kept falling off my book case and I used that one book to keep them standing up for my eyes to




I decided I would take a picture of the three items outside into the sunlight, up against our shrubs. Right before I pushed the shutter button an "unwanted" glare appeared, but when I looked at it after it looked "planned". Just like these stories were planned by a loving God, so He signs with the symbol of “Crazy Love.”

CRAZY LOVE





1 comment:

  1. I love your hair Glor (just testing to see if this works...)

    ReplyDelete