James 1:27

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the
Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let
the world corrupt you.


Monday, May 30, 2011

A little more

Hi again friends!
Wanted to share with you an email I got from my new friend Cindi, who filled in some of the pieces of the behind the scenes activity! :) Also, I forgot to mention, that the day that the birth mom told us no, I got a His Hands T-shirt in the mail. I haven't even paid for it yet (on my list of things to do!:)) so I was not expecting it at all! I opened it and on the front was this verse..

I Samuel 1:27
I asked the LORD to give me this boy, and he has granted my request.

God knew Isaiah would be ours!

Here is the email from my friend!

Brenda,
It was awesome reading your blog.  Carrie Wyatt overheard many of the women at our school, Beaches Chapel, discussing your baby, now known as Isaiah.  I had received a text from my friend, Susan, who is the director at One World Adoption Services in Atlanta, Georgia.  They were called in, when the original adoption agency had pulled out.  Susan knew that I had many contacts in Jacksonville, was a Christian, and had adopted 3 times.  She knew this was one of God's children, and it was her desire to help.  This was important to her, as she felt the need to at the very least, have a strong prayer partner for this little baby boy.  I was doing some volunteer work in preparation for our school's community garage sale.  I was hot, sweaty, and tired.  But I knew that I had to be obedient to God.  He was telling me to stop what I was doing, and start getting the word out there.  I texted everyone in my phone, that I thought would know someone who would want to adopt.  I asked for prayers, I asked for wisdom.  Several families responded and wanted the baby, but things weren't "right".  Most did not already have a homestudy.....most wanted to know EVERYTHING about the alcohol use......many wanted more details.  Well, having received a very similar call over 11 years ago, this situation was "black and white" to me.  Either someone wanted a baby or didn't....the questions and answers could come later.  That's where God's perfect will came into play.....Carrie came out to the POD where I was texting and working.  Hannah is in my son's, Matthew's class.  Carrie said she "might have someone".  The rest is "history" so to speak.  I know that my friend Susan is a STRONG Christian, and was herself, being obedient to God.  You see, Susan and I haven't talked in several months.  She has LOTS of friends.  But it was put on her heart to call me.  "The steps of the righteous man are ordered by the Lord"......Psalms 27:33.  It required a LOT of prayers, listening ears and obedience, but finally little Isaiah found his mommy and daddy.......CONGRATULATIONS!!  It was also great reading your blog and seeing what your beautiful family looks like.  I am so happy for you and will continue to be here for you, if you ever need anything or just want to talk.  Adoption is a special bond, shared by people who God has chosen.  
Love and hugs,
Cindi

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment